Thursday, February 10, 2011

Meet the Board: Jocelyn



Hi!  I am Jocelyn Leavitt, and my first fair as a member of the Board was 2010, however I have been involved with it for years.  I grew up on a dairy farm north of Glenwood. I was an active participant in the Pope County 4-H program as a youth. I have two sons, Eathen who is a cloverbud in 4-H now and Reed who is a gardener in training. I hope to instill in them a love of animals, horticulture, and community.  



Being part of the board gives me a chance to be part of something special, as it brings joy to many people.  I serve on many committees, but especially enjoy the Demo Derby and Kid's Day.  

My favorite fair food is a toss up between taco in a bag and nachos....yum! Can't wait!! I love the Grandstand events, but watching those who bring in item for judging, to see how proud they are of their accomplishments, that brings an instant smile to my face.


I have so many good fair memories. I think the best one is the lasting friendships that are created. Because with these friends, talking about the good ol' times, keeps my love of the fair from fading.


 If you see me at the fair, stop and say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think! And if you don't mind tell us where you are from and how you heard about the fair!